Feel the surge of energy and excitement when you come across incredible marine wildlife. Imagine the thrill of snorkeling or freediving with large schools of sharks congregating naturally during their mating season. The main stars of this expedition are the silky sharks but you may also encounter scalloped hammerheads and Galapagos sharks, Mobula rays, and other pelagic species. To make your expedition twice as memorable, we designed an all-included luxury package for you and your travel companions. Stay in a beautiful and private villa (hacienda style) with a renowned Mexican private chef. Enjoy a sumptuous breakfast, gourmet lunch box on the boat, and dinner at the villa. Connect with nature, live a breathtaking adventure, and experience a 5-star service.
Duration: 5-Day Expedition
Capacity: Private and exclusive charter available for groups of 4 people
Available expeditions dates
- July 1 - July 5: FULL
- July 8 - July 12: Four spaces available
- July 15 - July 19: Four spaces available
- July 22 - July 26: Four spaces available
We’ll pick you up at the airport & transfer to the villa on Day 1. See Itinerary for complete details.
Our expeditions are ideal for the following people:
- Have previous snorkeling or freediving experience
- Feel perfectly comfortable swimming in the open ocean with marine life around
- In good physical condition
- Adventure seekers
- Wildlife photographers
- Local transportation (all the transfers to the airport, villa, marina, etc.)
- 3 full days of shark expeditions
- 4 nights in a private villa with a private chef (all meals included)
- Snorkeling and freediving equipment
- Flight tickets to Los Cabos international airport (SJD)
- Alcoholic drinks
- IVA (Mexican sales TAX) 16% or credit card processing fees
- Crew gratuity (10% - 15% of the trip price is customary but is at your discretion)
- Comfortable clothes and footwear (for the whole expedition)
- Seasickness pills (recommended 40 minutes before departure if needed)
- Windbreaker or a sweater
20% SPECIAL OFFER FOR 2020
- PRICE: $1,690 USD per person (TAX NOT INCLUDED)
- $600 USD Deposit
- Balance to be paid on the day of arrival (Day 1)
Live out the adventure you've always wanted in your own private and luxurious villa. This tropical hacienda villa is the perfect getaway retreat. Wonderfully tucked in a serene environment, this Mexican-style villa radiates a refined and relaxing vibe. It has three separate master bedrooms with a king-sized bed and private bathroom. Unwind and bond with your companions in the spacious common area. Soak in the hot tub or take a dip in the infinity pool with a breathtaking view of the sea. Enjoy the refreshing breeze while you laze by the water and watch the spectacular sunset unfold. End the day stargazing and dreaming of the next day’s exciting activities. Feel safe and secure at all times because the villa is inside a gated community with 24/7 security.
- Day 1 - Pick up at the airport & transfer to the villa / Night 1
- Day 2 - Full day sharks expedition / Night 2
- Day 3 - Full day sharks expedition / Night 3
- Day 4 - Full day sharks expedition or blue water exploration (to decide with the group depending on the action on day 1 & 2) / Night 4
- Day 5- Breakfast & transfer to the airport
contact us to check availability before booking
The main target of this expedition is the Silky Sharks. Silkies, as they are fondly called, are named for the silky smooth texture of their skin with an almost metallic hue. They have long, streamlined bodies with a slightly shorter dorsal fin and elongated pectoral fins. Silky sharks have large eyes, long, flat snouts, and small serrated teeth.
Silkies love tropical waters. No wonder they can’t resist the warm waters of Cabo San Lucas. These apex predators are efficient hunters … thanks to their keen sense of hearing that helps them locate their prey. These inquisitive creatures have a knack of diving together in large groups of fish. Then with incredible precision, the Silkies attack the fish with lightning speed.
Silky sharks play an important role in the marine ecosystem because they keep fish populations in check. Like other shark species, Silky sharks are vulnerable to human impacts including overfishing. They are often caught as tuna by-catch by different types of fisheries. Their remarkable skin also makes these predators a popular target for the shark leather trade. Due to these threats, the Silky Sharks have been classified as Near Threatened on the IUCN Red List of Threatened Species.
Baja Shark Experience supports ocean protection and conservation of marine creatures including the Silky sharks by promoting awareness and advocating eco-friendly and sustainable expeditions.
Other Shark Species And Marine Creatures
Our expedition also offers you the opportunity to see other amazing shark species such as the scalloped hammerheads and smooth hammerheads. The hammerhead sharks are undoubtedly one of the most distinct sharks because of the odd shape of their heads. You may also come across Galapagos sharks that closely resemble dusky sharks and reef sharks.
The ocean features other exciting surprises. If you’re lucky, you may encounter a school of Mobula munkiana or Mobula japanica. It’s a real treat to see these dynamic animals gracefully gliding in the waters in unison. It’s also possible to see marlin, wahoo, mahi-mahi, and other pelagic species.