See Hammerhead Sharks And Pelagic Fish
Want to experience the ultimate aquatic adventure wrapped in adrenaline rush? Join us on 2 tanks, 2 adventure dives looking for big marine creatures in Gordo Banks. Inner and Outer Gordo Banks are located 8 and 10 miles offshore San Jose Del Cabo. This unique underwater site is made up of a series of water pinnacles teeming with incredible marine life including hammerheads and pelagic species. Hammerhead sharks are one of the most unique creatures that roam our seas. Their oddly-shaped flattened heads make them easy to recognize in the blue depths. Gordo Banks is also frequented by pelagic species such as Sailfish, Marlin, Wahoo, Dorado, Tuna, and Jacks.
The outside bank is an underwater seamount with a top at 180 ft. Here we usually drift in the blue and expect any kind of big marine life encounters. Scalloped hammerheads, silky sharks, or even humpback whales during the season have been seen in this area. You may also come across manta rays passing through the water column over the pinnacle.
The inner bank is the second seamount with a top at 120 ft. Large numbers of hammerheads often gather here. The dive site is also home to different pelagic species and large groupers.
Please be aware that encounters are not guaranteed. Gordo Banks is always full of amazing surprises so keep your eyes peeled on the deep blue water.
The inside bank is the second seamount with a top at 120 ft, known for the large numbers of hammerheads often gathering there, the dive site is also home of different pelagic species and large groupers.
Please be aware that encounters are not guaranteed.
- Open every day
- Morning tour: 7:30 am - 3:00 pm
- 7.30am pick up at your hotel
- Transportation to San Jose (A/C minivan) approx 45min from Cabo San Lucas
- Boarding at San Jose marina
- Boat ride from San Jose to Gordo Banks approx 1 hour
- First deep dive
- Surface interval 1h20min
- Second deep dive
- Return to San Jose marina
- Transportation to your hotel, return around 3 PM
- Round trip transportation
- 2 dives
- Diving equipment (BCD, reg, wetsuit, mask, fins, tanks and weight)
- Lunchbox and drinks
- Nitrox (upon request) 40USD for 2 tanks
- Minimum 3 pax
- Trips depending on the weather conditions
- Minimum advanced diver certification with 100 or more dives logged
- Price 200USD per person
* Note: Tax not included