See hammerhead sharks and pelagic fish
Hammerheads and pelagic life. 2 banks, 2 adventure dives looking for big animals. Gordo Bank inside and outside are located 8 and 10 miles offshore San Jose Del Cabo.
The outside bank is an underwater seamount with a top at 180 ft. Here we usually drift in the blue and expect any kind of big marine life encounters. Scalloped hammerheads, silky sharks, manta rays or even humpback whales during the season have been seen there.
The inside bank is the second seamount with a top at 120 ft, known for the large numbers of hammerheads often gathering there, the dive site is also home of different pelagic species and large groupers.
Please be aware that encounters are not guaranteed.
- Open every day
- Morning tour: 7:30 am - 3:00 pm
- 7.30am pick up at your hotel
- Transportation to San Jose (A/C minivan) approx 45min from Cabo San Lucas
- Boarding at San Jose marina
- Boat ride from San Jose to Gordo Banks approx 1 hour
- First deep dive
- Surface interval 1h20min
- Second deep dive
- Return to San Jose marina
- Transportation to your hotel, return around 3 PM
- Round trip transportation
- 2 dives
- Diving equipment (BCD, reg, wetsuit, mask, fins, tanks and weight)
- Lunchbox and drinks
- Nitrox (upon request) 40USD for 2 tanks
- Minimum 3 pax
- Trips depending on the weather conditions
- Minimum advanced diver certification with 100 or more dives logged
- Price 200USD per person
* Note: Tax not included